2.29.2012

Kind Regards

In recent months, I have been practicing yoga at Devotion Yoga. For one hour, I let the outside world slip away and silence my scattered thoughts (which is not easy for someone who tends to think A LOT!) While I have yet to achieve the famous Jen Aniston body (maybe it's due to the fact that I don't have a nutritionist and a trainer at my finger tips - or maybe I just have to give up on that dream!), I find this peaceful hour (in a not-so-peaceful day) extremely rewarding. It's a time to step back from the chaos and focus all of my energy on the present.

Last week my teacher Julie shared this quote about kindness prior to class. It really hit a nerve with me. The truth is, most of us overlook kindness. Hopefully this will make you think twice (it sure made me!)

"Kindess is one of the most undervalued commodities.  Which is too bad, because it doesn't take much to turn the day around.  I wonder if we overlook kindness because its so simple.  What's really involved?  Someone needs something, we help.  Someone feels low, we console.  Someone trips, we catch them.  There's a need, we respond.  Then the other person's grateful and relieved,and we're happy knowing we could help. Kindness is a low effort, high return exchange."

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment