7.13.2011

It's A Shore Thing

The Jersey Shore certainly has plenty of negative stereotypes and based on the content of the reality show, all for good reason. For those of you who think blow-outs, tans and constant confrontational 'situations', you are in for a treat. My experience in LBI (Long Beach Island, NJ) this past weekend far surpassed all of my expectations and rather than feeling like I was in guido/guidette-ville, I felt like I was in laid-back SoCal in a land of sun, sand and surfers. Life doesn't get much better than that!


Here are a few things about LBI that made me happy:



{Lifeguards (of course!)}




{Colorful plastic shades. I love Knockaround's and you can get them here.}




{Surf shops. Fun fact: LBI is the home of the first Ron Jon}


{Beach cruisers as a means of transportation EVERYWHERE!}


{Salt Water Taffy. A Jersey Shore staple! Learn how to make it yourself here}


{Quality beach time}



{Root Beer Floats}




{Vibrant surf suits and a beach brim}



{Ferris wheels}

No comments:

Post a Comment