1.11.2012

Go Green


For about a month now, I have been blending and binging on green smoothies every morning before work. I had read about celebrities obsessing over this 'green juice' trend and after buying a book and educating myself about the many health benefits, I was on board!  Don't let the color turn you off! By combining fruit, greens ( I recommend kale, spinach, lettuce or dandelion leaves) and water, the concoction is actually pretty tasty and I have become quite addicted!

HEALTH BENEFITS:
  • High in antioxidants (giving your body the best defense against disease)
  • Easy digestibility
  • Increases energy naturally
  • Enhances mental clarity & focus
  • Increases your fiber intake
  • Reduces cravings of junk food
  • Natural weight loss
  • Clearer, more radiant skin
  • Anti-aging effects
  • Hair &  nails grow faster and stronger
(how could you not become an addict?!)

KEEP IN MIND (for maximum effects):
  • ONLY blend fruit, greens, water & ice (no vegetables, yogurt or milk)
  • Don't eat any food 40 minutes before or 40 minutes after drinking a green smoothie
  • Rotate your greens on a weekly basis
  • You can keep in the fridge for 2-3 days without it going bad
Cheers to going green

2 comments:

  1. do you have a fav. recipe Kels? I'd be interested in trying!! :-) Hope your well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! Sorry for the late reply. I am just seeing this. I love Kale(or spinach), mango and banana!

    ReplyDelete