6.01.2011

The Graduate

As I watched my brother graduate from the University of Delaware this weekend, I was flooded with emotions, reminding me of my own transition from college into 'the rest of my life', merely 4 years ago.  Determined to land my dream job and live a lifestyle similar to that of Carrie Bradshaw's (obviously!), I jetted back east, moved to a not-so-familiar city with few friends and reached for the stars. 

While that all sounds exciting, this transitional stage of life was not quite so easy. It's a time of immense self-discovery, which sometimes (often times, in my own experience) was quite challenging. Looking back on my life 4 years ago, I sit here feeling thankful for all of the experiences that led me to where I am today and the people I have met along the way who have inspired me, believed in me and taught me life lessons that have shaped who I am.


For me...
on to the next 4 years! I am looking forward to many unknown adventures ahead.


For my incredible brother...
A HUGE congrats to a young guy who is about to start on his own journey into 'the real world' of Sports Management!

No comments:

Post a Comment